It’s a whole year since I first started developing nomad! I recently made some changes that I thought were worth highlighting with a blog, so here it is!
New control sequence parsing I decided to re-implement the logic that nomad uses to parse control sequences from program output.
A lot has changed since I last posted. Namely I have finally given this project a GitHub repo for anyone who wants to follow my progress or even give it a test drive.
The short version Here’s a quick list of updates:
Look! I made more progress!
This week has mostly been bug-fixing and reverse-engineering the functionality of certain control sequences.
One method I’ve found very useful is opening Terminal.app and running
$ printf '\e#8' # fill the terminal screen with "E" (no really) $ printf '\e[XXX' to see what happens!
If you squint at the above GIF, you can see that I’ve made quite a bit of progress since my last post
a great introduction, pls read for context. Shmonad.js can now spawn multiple child processes and handle their output, buffering it into an appropriately-sized viewport.
One of my biggest obsessions is developing as fast as I can type on a keyboard. It has gotten so bad at times that previous managers of mine have suggested adding another column to the Kanban board for dev env optimisation just for me!